With a young, growing product and seed funding under our belt, we’re looking for a business developer to help us monetise our services.
If you’re ready for a challenge and want your work to have a real impact, this position is for you.
With a growing community of 12,000+ creatives, you’ll arrive at an exciting time in our development, giving you access to grow exciting new revenues alongside our Directors.
Who you are
Passionate about creativity and want to take a dive into growing a business?
- Self motivated, pro-active and hungry for success
- Extroverted, energetic, confident
- Highly organised
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- A strong communicator, both internally and externally
- Able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to prioritise obligations and process
- Hold a minimum of 2 years experience in a sales or business development role
- Have experience working for a startup (useful, but not mandatory)
- Identify and acquire new customers (email, phone calls, attending events, setting up and executing meetings)
- Maintain existing customer relationships
- Confidently present and explain our services
- Gain a clear understanding of our customers’ businesses and requirements
- Research and identify relevant prospects and evaluate their needs for our services.
- Listen, challenge and take action based on customer requirements and feedback
- Create proposal documents, specifications and negotiate with buyers
- Retain and update contact information, quotes and invoices into our existing systems
- Review and challenge your own sales performance and meet or exceed targets
- Measure success rates and compile reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising sales information
- Review target audiences, approach, messaging and promotions based on previous experience
- Help structure our sales strategy based on market, customer, competitor information and established KPIs
- Recommend new opportunities, challenge existing service lines and price points by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Automate parts of the sales pipelines
- Keep up to date with developments on our product and services
- Help test the platform and strategise the direction of the product based on our customers’ needs
- Represent Zealous at trade exhibitions, events and demos. Participate in professional societies and attend events
- Recommend topics for articles relevant to our target leads, help structure them and feed them into our sales pipeline
- Work alongside our Community team to better strategise outreach for creative talent
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
- Attend team meetings and share knowledge and insights with colleagues
- Respond to incoming emails, live chat requests and phone enquiries
- Preparing documents in PowerPoint, Excel, Word…
£30,000 salary based on experience / references
Equity within the company based on performance